It’s Friday, your body is tired from the whole week of preparing food! Day Light Saving Time is only a couple days away, and I’m not looking forward to it because I will be losing one hour of sleep. I guess it’s like the saying, “sacrifice now to reap the rewards later.” I do look forward to longer days and daylight past 8 PM!
In the mood for some easy cooking and setting myself up for a relaxing weekend ahead, I need a “self-driving” meal.
Enter slow cooker spaghetti meat sauce for lazy days like today.
This slow cooker spaghetti meat sauce is perfect for lunch on lazy days because it’s rich, meaty and saucy. This extremely simple recipe requires only 10 minutes of preparing. Now pan frying the meat on the stove top is non-negotiable here. I don’t mean to be bossy but you must cook the beef on the stove top first before placing in the slow cooker. It’s worth the extra effort because it’ll enhance and bring out wonderful flavors.
You’ll love this easy-peasy spaghetti sauce because it’s nutritious, savory, cozy and intense tomato flavors.
Set it and come back to an amazing ready- to- serve spaghetti sauce over your favorite pasta.
This has got to be the next slow cooker recipe for your meal prep this weekend.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1.2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage (remove casings)
- 3 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomato
- 1 can (29 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe 21 seasoning (optional)
- 4 basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet, add in onions, ground beef, garlic power and 21 seasoning (if using). Cook until brown, about 5 minutes. Use a spatula to break the meat into pieces.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Set the slow cooker on low. Cook for 8 hours.
- Stir well and serve.