Are you a pasta lover like I am? Want a quick and easy yet satisfying meal because of your busy schedule? Well, this blog post is for you!
That read a little too much like those corny daytime commercial! But you will be glad you stayed to end of this post, I promise
Get ready to fall in love with this simple, yet hearty and comforting stir-fried beef macaroni. The Vietnamese macaroni has a chewy texture because it’s made of rice flour. If you can’t find Vietnamese macaroni, which only available through international markets, regular macaroni or rigatoni also will work.
Packed with tons of flavors, this recipe is so versatile, you can pretty much use any kind of meat, (or even tofu, mushrooms if you’re a vegetarian).
Because the tomato paste is on a sweet and tangy side, you want to season the beef a little saltier to bring out more flavors. You can definitely add a little sriracha if you want to be adventurous.
Aren’t you glad you stick around? Hopefully, you have also found a new gem in your food adventure!
- 0.5 lb bottom round beef (thinly sliced)
- 1 package of rice macaroni (14 oz, shorten the cooking time by 3 minutes)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon less sodium soysauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon minced green onion (white part only)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1teaspoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- green onion (chopped) - (see note)
- In a bowl, add all beef marinate ingredients. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of water and cook the macaroni. The cooking time should be shorten by 3 to 5 minutes. Drain under cold water. Drizzles some vegetable oil to prevent the macaroni from sticking. Set aside
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat, add in minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Slowly add in the marinated beef. Turn up the heat and stir fry until the beef is no longer pink, don't over cook. Transfer to a plate and set aside
- Return the pan on medium heat, add a little bit more vegetable oil. Add in the macaroni and toss the macaroni around so it doesn't stick to the pan. Add in the tomato paste.
- Season the macaroni with oyster sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir fry for about 3 minutes
- Add the beef back to the pan, then toss in onion and cook for an additonal minute. Turn off the heat and add in the chopped green onion