I’m back!! Sorry I’ve been gone for a while. Life has been so busy lately and it was hard to get in the kitchen!
With the rainy and dreary weather we’ve been having lately, I’ve been craving something light, refreshing to cheer up my mood.
Zoodles with spicy chickpeas and edamame to the rescue.
This is definitely my favorite go to vegetarian dish. Everyone knows me know I love vegetarian food. Although I’m not a vegetarian myself I do enjoy eating light and incorporate more vegetables in my life.
Let me introduce you to your new vegetarian dish pasta and I’m sure you’re going to love it.
Crunchy and spicy chickpea, toss with refreshing zuchini noodles. Then spice things of with your favorite pesto sauce.
I love to add a handful of angel hair pasta to the zoodles and serve it with my favorite Trader Joe’s pesto sauce.
Refreshing, healthy, spicy and delicious for the win.
- 1 can 15 oz chickpea (rinsed, drained and pat dry)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 4 medium zucchinis (spiralized)
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 9 oz of cooked angel hair pasta (optional)
- pesto sauce
- Spiralize zucchinis according to your preference. Place zoodles into a colander and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat 3 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in chickpeas and sprinkles seasoning over, gently stir. Let the chickpeas cook for about a minute, until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add in oil, zoodles, pinch of salt and cook for about a minute, until zoodles are slightly soften but still crunchy.
- Remove from heat. Add in cooked chickpeas, a handful of angel hair pasta, 1-2 tablespoon of pesto sauce.
- Mix well and serve immediately.